17 April 2010

Be careful what you wish for

The weather in these parts has been gorgeous.  Too gorgeous.  After our soggy flood stage, the water has receded and not been replaced by much rain.  It's also been dreadfully windy lately, and last evening as I was driving, clouds of topsoil were visible gusting across the road.
On the competition front, a good time was had by all at knowledge bowl, but the team placed well out of the running.  Meanwhile, two of my speakers have qualified for state, so we're bound for that tournament next Saturday.  Then, I'll have my Saturdays back!
Meanwhile, I think I'll find something constructive to do with my few remaining hours of weekend...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

2 comments:

Cliff said...

I'm with you on the zzzz.
Glad to hear you had some success and that it will be over for you soon. Yeah the dry wind has made the soil here quite hard. Feast to famine.

Rachel said...

Clouds of topsoil blowing across the road sounds bad!

I hope all goes well at the tournament next Saturday!