01 December 2008

Holed up

It is so very difficult for me not to crawl under my covers and hide for the next two months or so. I don't know how I wound up living in the upper midwest when I am so disenchanted with winter! Mornings aren't so bad. Somehow I can rise before the sun and push myself underway until light filters in the window. Evenings, however, drag me down. The dark creeps up on me and sneaks into my soul and pulls me under. Maybe its worse because the iPastor works evenings lately, and he's not here to balance me against the little people. Right now, the recliner is calling me to hide under a planket and turn on the TV. Must...remain...upright...

3 comments:

Ralph said...

I am with you. I hate leaving the house before sun is up and returning when it is dark. Bring back Spring!!!
Ralph

eyes_only4him said...

I am a southern belle at heart, and how we ended up here is beyond me.

this place is even worse then michigan, and I thought that was hell is the winter.

I am with u..I hate the evening, it gets dark at 5, its cold, u just wanna go to bed.

I cant wait till July.

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

You need some candles, music, hot apple cider, a comfy throw blanket, and maybe a roaring fire. :-)