04 February 2007

Randomness

That seems to be the word of choice for Thing 2 these days, so I may as well roll with it.

***

The doggy assimilation seemed to be coming along nicely. After getting home at 2:30 am from Job 1, then having to get Things 1 and 2 on the Speech bus at 8:00am yesterday, I was ready for a little quality couch time. I popped in a movie for the younger Things, and snuggled in to doze. Dogs apparently thought this was swell, because they hopped up to join me of their own accord. I may have stunted all progress today by giving them baths, as they seem particularly skittish, but I'll have to see if they calm back down.

***

Its cold. Bitter. Biting. Piercing. Yuck. I have had amazing luck with car batteries, as we have no garage or tank or block heaters on either vehicle (I realize this is stupid living in Minnesota, but who am I to be blamed for having common sense?) I did have to put some isopropyl in the van which cranked right over, but would not stay running. The temperature is supposed to sneak back up painfully slowly over the week, and Sunday jump into the mid-thirties. It's a heat wave people.

***

I am ignoring the Superbowl. I hope the Colts win, simply because my friend Ann will be impossible to live with if the Bears win. For better football fun, check out Facing the Giants, which my church will be showing in a couple weeks.

***

I suppose I should go draw a bath and scrape of the stank. We had no water all day yesterday due to a main break. It seems to be at least a monthly occurrence hereabouts. Our water bill has been increasing on a steady scale to make improvements, but I haven't seen any yet. Gripe. Maybe a bath will improve my disposition as well as the ambience. Ta!

***

No comments: