22 April 2008

Ten on Tuesday

Today's ten on Tuesday: Ten things I love about my life.
I tend to blog about how hectic my life is; the "I can't believe that just happened" moments or the crazy hoops we jump through to make ends meet. Despite these occasional rantings, there is a lot in my life to be happy about. If I sit and reflect, I feel mostly content. Although the reasons may be a bit difficult to articulate, I'll give it a shot.

Ten Things I Love About My Life:

1. I serve an awesome God, and I am saved by His grace.
2. iPastor rocks. He's been my partner in crime (and punishment) for 17 years. We've had typical spousal highs and lows, but I have never for one second questioned his commitment to our family. To beat a cliche to death, he is as constant as the north star. He drives me batty some days, but I don't know what I'd do without him. And he shares his Ben and Jerry's with me. That's love.
3. My kids rock. They are the funniest, smartest, most talented young people I know, and it is a delight watching them grow, although I wish they wouldn't do it so darned fast.
4. My church rocks. There is not a person there who would not come immediately to our (or anyone else's) aid if we had a need. We have conservatives and liberals, and everything in between, all believing on the promises of the Bible and hanging out, studying the word, and enjoying each other's company.
5. We are part of a huge extended family. My kids have a whole network of people that love them and care about them. It is so cool to have allies in life.
6. Spring is here. The yard is greening up, I can get out in it and dig or just sit in a sunbeam and soak it up. I have a fire pit and an Adirondack chair, and I'm not afraid to use 'em.
7. I am almost done with school. Really. Finally. I mean it this time. I can see it from here.
8. I can start looking for a teaching job.
9. My dogs are always happy to see me. The cats are, too, I suspect, but they'll never let on.
10. I am a blogger. I can dump my junk here, happy, frustrated or mad, and someone out there can connect with it. Some even connect enough to leave a comment. I can share a word of encouragement or a joke with someone maybe thousands of miles away, or right next door. Having this outlet helps make my life great.
10.

No comments: