1. My sister and brother are 18 and 16 years older than me, respectively.
2. My father died of a massive heart attack when he was 55.
3. In front of me
4. I was 13.
5. My mom was too sick from Huntington's Disease to take care of me, so we lived with my sister.
6. I moved in with my best friend's family the weekend I turned 18; I was still in high school.
7. They became my second family.
8. My mom died when she was 57.
9. In a nursing home 350 miles away.
10. I was 19.
11. I think I felt more helpless that time.
12. I wasn't intending for this to be such a downer.
13. Next time I'll find 13 funny things. Or something.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants