22 November 2007

22

We're home and tucked in after a lovely day with family. I was amazed at my own self control; I did NOT refill my plate. That didn't stop me from picking off the buffet table every time I walked by, but maybe that's the lesser of two evils. We had to bring iPastor home to catch a nap before his night shift, so I left the kids with the family for a while, then we killed some time at the Evil*Empire.
***
Never one to avoid the cliche, the customary list follows:

I am thankful for the relative good health of my family.

I am thankful to have a reliable partner for my life's journey. I've been watching friends with problems bigger than mine deal with them alone.

I am thankful to live in relative safety.

I am thankful for family, friendship and laughter.

I am thankful to have a snug warm bed to crawl into, and I think I will.

No comments: